Do you believe in the Jersey devil?

I just watched an episode of Paranormal State where they went to investigate the Jersey Devil. Now, I have my own theories of what it is and where it came from. However, I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas or theories as to whether it's real and if it is, where it came from. For those who don't know the legend, I will post a link in a reply.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have never heard of it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• in Puerto Rico it's the "chupa cabra" i think it is something people make up to give a hit of spice in there boring towns or states...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• but i am from jersey i can be the JERSEY DEVIL when i get mad...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Snooki?
    Anonymous

• LOL...NO.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• It's interested you bring up the "chupa cabra" iNk-FrEak. The legend of the chupa cabra in here in the states to. It is said to roam down in the south around Texas.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• No, I've not seen sufficient evidence to believe in it. It is interesting though :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yes, I do. There are way to many credible people having experiences over way to many years for their not to be something credible behind them... Do I think the stories about the 13th child or whatever is real? NO. But the idea of an unknown creature surviving and scaring people, sure... We are discovering new creatures every year.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Plain and simple... what they are seeing and hearing is a demon! As long as people keep that legend alive the demon will keep manifesting itself making people think its the Jersey Devil. Its just a measly old wimpy demon that thinks he is bigger than everyone else and takes joy in its job to scare people. He was assigned to that area.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2010