Is it just me ?

or does other people like sounds at night?

I like the sounds of dogs barking and traffic ?

I am a fan of House Hunters on HGTV and people always give up the best houses because there 'road sounds" or a railroad nearby... for me that wouldnt break a deap for me... I actually would love one of those sleep noise makers with those kinds of sounds on it lol

annwarren29

Asked by annwarren29 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes i sleep so well when i hear sounds..compared to darkness..an i be saying the same thing when i watch the show..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Yea I can't sleep in silence nor live in it. I mean I wouldn't want crazy loud noise everyday but I do need the occasional siren and car blasting music lol.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• when my hubby and I moved from the big cities we were use to listening to street noises to a small town. I remember hearing Crickets outside my window and asking my husband to go out and find it and move way so I could sleep LOL.. of course he just laughed and said go to sleep. I eventually fell asleep but it was hard. now I have no problems lol.

quiet

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 11:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• haha yeah I think the same things when I watch that show, although I do understand not wanting to live on a busy street especially with little kids. I don't know about dogs barking, I find that kind of annoying, but I love the sound of traffic. We used to live near a major freeway and at night I kept the windows open just to hear it. I love it. Oddly, it makes me feel safe lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I grew up on a busy street in the suburbs of NYC. I don't mind noise. What does bug me is being woken up by coyotes howling in my yard or the sound of a bunny being caught by an owl. They totally creep me out. Love the "hoo hooing" of the owl, though.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• i cant slep with tota silence either, most of the time my dd noise machine is on and i can hear it in my room or my other dd's lullaby cd is plying.. when it isnt on fr some reason i hav a hard time falling alseep or if it stops before i fall asleep
    MELLI80

Answer by MELLI80 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I like listening to cars, My neighbor pointed out how 'noisy' they can be at night, and I'm like really? lol Never noticed! I really didn't.. I like the airplanes too!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I love the sounds of crickets and dogs barking and the wind and the rain on the roof and I LOVE the smell of country air.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I like it to be dark and no sounds...but my dh snores and so does the dog, hince that s why i dont sleep much...although I just thought of something I have to have a Fan on i dont care if it is hot or cold it has to be on...or I cant sleep.
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I grew up in the country so I get my windows open so I can see all the sounds. I put in a fish pond with a waterfalls so I can listen to the sound of water. The only sounds have I a problem with are the ones I cannot identify.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2010