regular detergent in a H.E. washer?

I just bought a huge (96 loads) jug of regular washing detergent. Then, we had to get a new washer. We choose a high efficency unit. *IS there any way for me to be able to use the regular detergent in the new H.E. washing machine?

willsmomma4ever

Asked by willsmomma4ever at 11:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yeah, just use less than you normally would
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• ya ive heard ya just have to use less detergent
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yeah i use half of the amount in my he washer! They only sell the he stuff to rip you off! I've had mine for over 2 years, good luck!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• oh yeah half is because of the less water being used, if not there will be too much soap should of said that before i pressed the button.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I only use HE detergent in mine. I have read that regular detergent will not clean your clothes properly in an HE machine and can even break it because it can't handle the suds from regular detergent. I have had mine for over 7 years.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You CAN use regular detergent in HE machines (in fact when the HE machines - front loaders - first came out there was NO HE detertent). Just use 1/2 the recommended amount.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I use half of the amount of regular detergent in my HE washer. Never had a problem over the past 8 years. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010