MEN!!!!!

ok I am a stay at home mom. 2 kids age 9 & 5 are in school. 5 month old at home. I do everyhting. I mean everything. He does help. (my husband) would love to have a little more help at times tho. but thats a mna for ya. we have a good marriage. we dont fight or what not. anywayz i never go anywheres. if i do i bring the kids. well me and a friend decided to go see a movie. he said earlier today i couldnt go. only joking tho. well when it was time to go he jokinly said dont come back. he jokes alot by the way. well we watched our movie and came home. i"ve been in for like 45 minutes right. he hasnt spoke a word to me and just went to bed. why do men act like buttholes. i mean all i wanted to do was go with a friend but then i feel all guilty and crap for going. i guess this isnt really a question sorry. just kinda venting. i think i deserved a few hours out by myself!!!

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• You do deserve some time for yourself and if he has an attitude so be it. Don't let that ruin your night.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 11:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• maybe you could ask him what's wrong? have you two had a night out lately? maybe that's it? or he's using jokes as a way to show his feelings, bc he doesn't know how to. guys do that all the time.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 11:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• every monm deserves a few hours outside of the hose to herself..i know i take them every other fri/sat..w/o kids an hubby..if not i would be no gd to anyone..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My man and your man must be best friends.
    Justme6944

Answer by Justme6944 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Does your husband go out? What is his routine when he gets home from work? If he has time to himself than I wouldn't read too much into his behavior. Be happy you have a man that provides. It's rare to find one that provides and does house work and child rearing. I would also keep in mind that there is always a bit of truth to every joke. Perhaps lilydoyle is right, a night out as a couple may be just what you need.
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 11:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• justme6944 good one. glad you made me smile a little lol!!!
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• my husband is originally from another state but he has lived here for the past 9 years. he has friends at work but doesnt do much at home. hhe's more of a home body kind of guy. we love to do stuff together when we can get a babysitter for all the kids but if we cant we'll go as a family and do things. i guess it might have hurt his feelings i went somewhere without him but he hardly ever wants to leave the house. i even give him time to hisself around the house too. i'll take the kids out for a few hours. but sometimes i need a break too. but he says i dont work so i dont need a break. but if i mention being an at home mom is a job itself he sees it as me nagging him to death so i just leave it alone. idk...he'll be over it by the morning, i just needed to vent since everyone i know is in bed now
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Screw that. Let him be in a bad mood. What were the kids acting like kids? I say he's mad because he had to stay home with them and that's. Your job. I have one of those. But he works out of town all the time soo less I have to deal with him. Don't feel guilty either you needed a night out. He will get over it and when he does talk it over.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

stepho345

• my dh does that alot, even when its just a quick trip to grocery store, i dunno im pregnant so everything hurts my feelings latly
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 12:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010