I have a 3 yearold son and i am 5 months pregnant with my second son. At night my son and my husband sleep with me in our bedroom. As if my huge belly isnt enough, they come and lay on my chest/stomach and no matter what I do they wont scoot over. How can I tell them to move without being rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sometimes in life we need to be rude...lol tell them you got gases and will be farting the whole night i bet that will make them move...lol trust me it works you will have the whole bed to yourself...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• IF you have asked them nicely and that didn't work it is time to get rude, or move yourself to another room and lock the door!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Sleep you, then husband, then 3 year old. Tell your dh to move his butt over even though you love him.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Gotta be rude! To your son explain to him that mommy has alot of pressure on her belly already from the baby and that when he lays to close to you or on you that it puts extra pressure on you and the baby and it doesn't feel good, that you love him a lot but he needs to give mommy a little more space until the baby comes out. As for you husband give him a swift kick in the ass... lol not really just explain to him how miserable it is trying to get sleep at night when the two of them are laying on top of you and so close etc... maybe try to get the 3 year old to transfer over to his own bed if that is possible, bribe him with some new sheets something that makes him feel like a big boy? Good luck and hang in there!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• tell them to move over bc you're uncomfortable! you're pg, not mean! you need extra space, & the only way they'll realize that is if you tell them. or you could always sleep elsewhere. i had to, bc my dh's chest hair itched horribly, & dh is a cuddler when he's asleep, & i'm claustrophobic! lol
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 11:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We do the same thing here. Except my son is 2. He goes to sleep in our bed and then we move him into his own bed. Sometimes my husband sleeps on the sofa. Which is fine with me and him. And, sometimes my son wakes up in the middle of the night and I put him in our bed and I go get on the sofa lol I sleep way better on the sofa Because it supports my back better. I am now 35 weeks and we CAN not sleep in the bed together not all of us at one time. Thats what you could do!! Tell him you guys need to figure out a way to get your son to sleep in his own bed because you are just going to get bigger and bigger! Or else he can go sleep on to sofa... and wink at him when you say the "sofa" part... If he is an understand husband he will get the point. And remember to say "we" we you address the part about figure out away to get your son to sleep in his own bed. That way he knows your not being rude or trying to blame him. GOOD LUCK!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Oh also! Get it while you can! I bought a pregnant pillow.. thats what I call it. and its huge and wraps all the way around my body! This gives us our space a little. Cuz my space is inside the pillow! Its a little pricey but toally worth it!

http://www.babyage.com/brands/todays-mom-pregnancy/todays-mom-cozy-comfort-pregnancy-pillow/90607.htm
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010