I choose formula over breastmilk.

Not really I'm still bf my 17 month old. But if you did why did you? Do not want any bashing. This is not a discussion its a "state why you choose what you did?"

ednaamelia

Asked by ednaamelia at 11:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I will answer but this WILL turn into a bash fest.

I chose to formula feed because I wasn't comfortable breast feeding and I had infections in both breasts and the doc could not gurantee it wouldn't spread to my baby. And it HURT to breast feed with the infections.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I didn't choose formula over breast milk, by breast chose for me. = (

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I kept trying to breast feed my first child and then i had horrible latching on and then my milk supply went kaput, after my nephew's surgery and driving back and fourth between the hospital when my son was 3 months old. With my second i tried and my milk supply wasn't there but i was pretty sure that i wanted to do formula anyway, my son and daughter are a year and 18 days apart and i couldn't imagine taking time away from him to breastfeed when i had so many latching problems before, and big suprise i'm due again may 8th with baby number 3 and i want to do formula because of the factor of how much quicker and more efficient it is not to have to pump and worry about where and when i can feed. Hope this helps!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well my oldest was breastfed for almost two years. Because.. Well, I wanted to lol. I believe in breastfeeding unless there is a medical reason. (For me I mean not everyone) And My second has a sever milk protein allergy, so he is formula fed, its a prescribed formula called neocate amino acid based hypoallergenic formula with DHA and ARA.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I started off breastfeeding. I breastfed my first for 3 months and she seemed healthier than my middle one so i choose to breastfeed this time 2. It sisnt work out tho. He ate every hour and I wasnt producing enought milk for him. I went out and bought some meds that increases your supply and still didnt work. I also hurt alot too. Not while feeding, after the feeding. So I just gave up at 6 weeks when I was way beyond exhausted from no sleep. I was up every hour for a solid 6 weeks. But if it would worked out I would still be breastfeeding!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The first couple days I was not satisfying my son (yeah yeah I know actual milk takes a couple days to fully come in but try telling that to a hungry newborn) and he became dehydrated and it was easier for him and me to use formula. I still tried to breastfeed for a few months but eventually he didn't want it anymore so we stopped. I wanted to, I tried, and that's all that matters to me. He's perfectly healthy and I'm perfectly happy with my decision :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I stopped BF with DD for I went back to work, couldn't keep up with pumping, and got sick of BF. Formula it was.

With DS I am home this school year, so I am BF. It's been simple with him. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I chose breast with my son because it's best and I'll bf the baby I'm currently pregnant with. Formula was just never an option for me. My mom breastfed all 4 of us kids, my mom's friend breastfed all 5 of hers and my girlfriend who was pregnant with me breastfed her daughter so when I became pregnan,t breastfeeding was the way a baby was suppose to be fed in my eyes and all that I knew. Everyone has their reasons for bf or formula feeding and as long as you feed your little one then you are fine. Do what is best for you and your family:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I bf'd my oldest for 3 months, but had to supplement because he wasn't getting enough nutrition and not gaining weight. He weaned at 3 months. My youngest I quit at 6 weeks - I figured it would be the same as ds and I was frustrated at working so hard for so very little. I WISH I had kept trying. With my youngest I had a very difficult birth and recovery and he was in NICU so I had to pump. My milk didn't come in for a week and when it did there was very little so I just formula fed him from the start.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I chose formula from the beginning because I am bipolar and my doctor wanted me back on my meds as soon as the baby was born. I had to choose the lesser of two evils. Breastfeed and have a Mom that is going crazy, or feed formula and have a Mom that is healthy and feels well enough to care for her child.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 11:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2010