Do I get ANYTHING that I want?!

I was talking to SO and told him that I had two things that I wanted. He asked what they were. #1 is to get married. We've been together 6 years. It's time. Although I'm not pushing it and it's not a MUST DO right now thing. I just want to know that it's in the near future. #2 is to start TTC our next child. He said no to both.
Today I was reading a post about buying vs. renting a home and it made me really wish we owned. I don't hate the house we're renting but it's too small and I just don't like it. I want a nice and little bit bigger home. Something I can call mine. I mentioned the post and I couldn't even finish my thought before he shot it down.
Do I get a say in anything? Do I get ANYTHING that *I* want?! Anything at all?
I made a grocery list the other day and had a few things on there that I wanted for some new recipes. Did he get the stuff? NO! Yet he got a lot of extra's that he wanted, and that only he will eat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you really want to marry this guy? Do you think you can change this selfish behavior? Chances aren't good. Send him back to the store to get what you need and tell him that a relationship cannot sustain if it's one-sided.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Somewhere down the line you have relinquished your power and control. You gave it to him and if you are the one who has to take it back. It should not be his decision to marry you. It is your life YOU decide what to do with it.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• 6 years is a long time. He really should be ready to figure it out by down. And yes it is a two way street. Give and get some.He should appreciate you a little more!!
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 11:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• He is a MAN and will do things he can get away with... like not doing things.. my hubby took one talk of I love you and love being win you but there are certain things in my life I want. If you wont help me get what I want... someone will. We got narrowed and are expecting little one soon. I didn't tell him he had to do it. I just told him I wanting things in my life and I wouldn't settle for.r being with someone who couldn't give them to me.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• think again about ur priorities
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• did he say WHY he won't get married or at least talk about it for the near future? did he say he doesn't believe in marriage? 6 years is a long time. it sounds to me like he is not interested in making you happy at all which is not even cool when you're in a committed relationship and with a kid. i mean he won't even get you the stuff you want to try new recipes from store?!?! i don't know about you but that brings me such joy and he is even denying you that. he is being down right selfish and MEAN
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 6:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• He may see it as his money, so he gets what he wants. As far as the groceries go, why don't YOU go shopping and get what you need? Have you asked him why he doesn't want to get married and why he doesn't want to have another child? I know he upsets you, but in order to get to the root of it all, you both need to sit down and TALK about it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• U know this is so wrong? Do u C the red flags? Isn't it time u were with someone who wants to spoil u rotten? Where does a man get the idea that He has the only say so in anything? Who said he was to tell his SO or wife what they could do or not do? Since when did they become our parents? I thank the Lord for the wonderful husband I have. He's never told me I can't go somewhere, or I can't have something. I'm not his child. I'm his partner. We discuss our choices. If we're not able to do them at the moment, we put it on the back burner until we can. You deserve better! Life is too short to waste time on a man who only wants you to cook, clean, & satisify his manly needs! Just out of curiosity, is he close with his mom? Does she have her name on his account/ car/ credit cards & you don't? That's another red flag if he wants U & not 2 b with ur friends or makes all choices. too controling. Its not a relationship. U r his slave!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 12:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010