Dyslexic?

I have a 3 yo son who has SPD (sensory processing disorder), and have just recently noticed he is switching words around, for example, instead of grass hopper, he says, hop grasser, or for dream catcher he says catch dreamer. Does anyone else have this issue or know if it could be related to Dyslexia?

Lindermommy2

Asked by Lindermommy2 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would say it is still in the normal range for that age. All of our children did it at say, four and under, and we always thought of it as cute! We have eight, and seven of them are old enough to speak well, so it would seem normal to us.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I have dyslexia, however you'll be hard pressed to find someone to even diagnose it now a days. When I was in HS the doctors decided that dyslexia doesn't exist and told my mother there was no such thing... However, yes, that COULD be dyslexia, or it could simply be his age. I would say work with him, but don't jump to diagnose, he could easily grow out of it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• could be
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Sounds perfectly normal. If problems still arise at age 8-10, then it may be something to look into.
    FinaOrlando

Answer by FinaOrlando at 9:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Very typical for a child in this age group.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2010