Bi-racial toddler hair

My daughter is 19 months old and half black half white. Her hair is very....interesting. On the sides it is straight, on topr it's curly, and in the back it is just downright nappy! I have NO IDEA what to do with it! I refuse to use chemicals, don't want to use a grease or similar product becasue the hair is fine and I don't want her to be a greaseball. Flatironing is out of the question, I don't want to damage the hair. I love the curls she has when she steps out of the bath, but it just gets frizzy as it dries. Any suggestions about what I can do or use that is as natural, non-greasy, non- oily, and low maintenance?

sandrizzle

Asked by sandrizzle at 11:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daugther is also bi racial same races and same hair its curly but fuzzy after it drys or if she lays on it. i bought some detangler and a comb so i just spray it when we get ready to go out its a quick fix and is great...i comb it out after i spray it and but sometimes if i want her to have her really tight curls i put some mousse in it and its not sticky and easy to wash out
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Comb it from the ends to the root with a wide tooth comb, very gently, don't use rubber bands, use fabric bands then braid or twist her hair into pony tails. Leaving her hair loose will make it harder to take care of since it will get tangled and dry. I don't think using grease on a baby's hair is a good idea. They make so many products for hair now I'm sure you can find something in the hair store or someone in the hair store can recommend something for your baby's hair other than grease if the baby really needs it.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 1:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• try looking into Mixed Chicks or miss jessie hairline/ Look on the black hair care media forum. There is a link for kids hair. Hopefully that is a good start for you.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 12:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• just brush it while wet with conditioner and then use a leave in spray and scrunch with your hands
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• u could try baby oil
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 11:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010