is there an easier way?

My hubby is very close to his family... but I need to get him to realize that our family (him me and kids) need to be a family and work as a family that put our needs first without the big family (0arents aunts uncles etc) we can't do anything without his parents being a part of it somehow and I need him to start worrying about our little family without his parents? Is there an easier way without him thinking I don't like his parents anymore

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell him that I love his family including his parents. I would then tell him that you think that it is very important to do some things with just your kids and the two of you (your husband and you). That doesn't necessary mean that you will never see his parents. It just means that you do things as a small family first and then spend some time with the rest of your family. I hope it works out for all of you. Good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Tell him that you and the kids need some time with just you. If he starts to say something about his parents, you can tell him that you'll see them tomorrow or later in the week, but you need to have some good family time together (once a week, at least).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree with pp
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010