I love my husband buuuut

talking to him about any of our problems is out of the question he automatically gets defensive and acts like he's 2 esp if it something about him not getting his way then I have his family coming back to me telling me what I could have done differently. I am so sick of it we have 1 child and another on the way, I don't believe all of this pent up stress is a good thing for me. How do I release it? Is journaling a good way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• We experience this a lot...solution...e-mail. It is a non invasive way to get your point accross without him interupting or getting on the defensive...just make sure you leave a lot of you did this and you did that out of it. Try to remain calm and be gentel in making him understand where you are coming from. He will then have time to mull it over before responding in kind.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Writing in a journal is good or being on here talking to other moms is good to....I think, and only because it helps me....do you have a best friend or a friend..period? If you do call them, go see them and talk about stuff with them. We all need a release, just find what works for you. Hope you feel better!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• They have pregnancy yoga dvd's. To me that it the best way to relieve stress. It's also very good for your body and it's safe to do because it's designed for women who are pregnant. Sorry to hear about your situation.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 8:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Thanks everyone unfortunetly I have no friends and I am stuck in a house all day long, my one friend lives across the country so I can't even go to her house to get a break.

I am really interested in trying the pregnancy yoga and will be looking into it
    Anonymous

• I'm not labeling your situation, but I read a book "Living with the Passive Aggressive Man," I was so surprised to discover how many men have a mess of the issues in this book. One being, the inability to address anything without getting on the defense. Good Luck.
    doublefistin

Answer by doublefistin at 8:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You don't need a release, you need a counselor. This guy needs to listen to you and not run over to his family to cry!! Try reading this book too: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• No haven't you heard that all this stress is bad for the baby maybe you should do some reading on this subject.Everything you do affects the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ummm hence as to why I said it wasn't good for me, I have done this before why do you think I am trying to find a way to release it????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2008