What is a good NATURAL way to get rid of a MIGRAINE

CristieLee

Asked by CristieLee at 11:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Health

• There are certain pressure points on the body that can relieve pain rubbing your temples is deffinately good and there is a certain spot in the foot. The foot one you will have to google but it works for me good luck!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Put one of those gel masks(you can put them in the freezer) over your eyes to block out the light and cool the face, then use bags of frozen peas. Put one on your neck, one on the back of your head and one on your forhead. It works well. Sometimes I also consume a small cup of very hot black coffee which works wonders, but it has to be black.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have never had one but my mom gets them all the time. She goes for a jog and/or eats an apple. She said that is the best way she has found to be able to manage them. She has also found that sometimes, having caffeine helps as well but it doesn't work all the time. Good luck, I know they hurt.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• try drinking a huge glass of water and a bit of caffeine(tea, coffee, soda). My doc recommended this as a lot of migraines are caused by dehydration and constriction of blood vessels in the brain/head..water rehydrate and caffeine opens up you blood vessels.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Lavender essential oil on my temples helps me sometimes.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The only way mine will go away is if I take a nap in a really dark room. They are horrible and sleep seems to be all that helps mine.
    MountainMomma3

Answer by MountainMomma3 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks you guys :) I WILL TRY ALL OF THEM.
    CristieLee

Comment by CristieLee (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• a hot bath or hot rag on your head
    kaysmom415

Answer by kaysmom415 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010