Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am 16 yearold single mother with a 4 month old baby, my father kicked me out after he found out I was pregnant, and i'm living with a friend(19). My friend invites some of his buddies over every now and then and they smoke and do illegal drugs. I don't want my baby being raised in that enviroment but I have no where else to go, should I stay or try to find another place?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (10)
  • you should leave your still just a child yourself and im sure you get tired of hearing that but there are people you can go to for help they will put you with a family and you can still keep your kid its kinda like a foster home but def better than risking having your child taken away or even coming into contact with the drugs now your a parent you have to put your child first good luck!!!

    Answer by aggheff08 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • find another place. are you eligible for assistance? you are a minor but i don't know what the rules are about legalities - even whether or not your parents are required to be responsible for you, or whether you can get into a women's shelter. can you talk to your friend and tell him you appreciate the help and understand it's his place but you feel uncomfortable about the health and legal repercussions of all this taking place around your baby and ask if they could refrain from doing that while she's there.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • you go! maybe your comfortable now but your being lazy and nothing good will become of your child if you stay. go to a womens shelter they will help you with dayacare and school and welcome to a hard life of being a single teenage mom! you will have to work hard to provide yourself and your young one. but if you grow some determination you will become a wonderfull mother and role model

    Answer by miritrose at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • Get out now! Find a women's and children's shelter. Go to a Crisis Pregnancy Center or some churches, and ask where one is if you don't know. There are always people out there willing to help. A child should never, ever be exposed to those things. Brain damage and other physical problems can result from exposure. I hope and pray you find help right away.

    Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • I would deffinately get out of there! The is no worse place for a child to be than to be with someone or should i say around an environment that has drug parafanalia going on with it. Even though you may not be doing the drugs if the cops are called or something should happen you were in the house and you will go to jail and your child will be taken away by the state! Check I know this sounds crappy but check with the welfare department maybe they can help you out! If not i know a womens shelter isn't where you want your baby to live but maybe go there until they can help you get on your feet! Good luck !

    Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • try to find something. talk to churches and things in your area to see what is offered that may be able to help you. talk to your local DHS office and see what they offer. GL i went through something similar after i had my first when i was 17

    Answer by ashleywilkerson at 12:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • GET OUT! you really dont wanna loose ur child over other people.. do your best...

    Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • You need to find another place. I want to say that I think it is great that you kept your baby and that you do want to give this child a good life. My friend was a teen mom. She is now 26 and a mother to 4 beautiful children, married to a wonderful man and is giving all of her children a good life. She said that someone once told her, "this child did not choose to have a teen mom, he didn't choose to be born into these circumstances" I'm not sharing this with you to make you feel judged. She said that it helped her to realize that she needed to all that she could do to give her son a good life.
    In our area my friends just started up a teen MOPS. You could try to get in contact with a MOPS in your area to see if there is any help available to you. Also try the pregnancy crisis centers, they often know of a lot of resources. Do what you know is right.

    Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • If you are most comfortable at home with your parents, then go back. play the simpathy card and let your father know were his impulsive actions has placed you and your baby. also let him know that you love him and need him the most right now. most daddy's can't stand to see their little girls in bad places. it is his grand baby too! He might be missing you already. How long have you been gone?

    Answer by CowboyMama at 9:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • you are still a baby go to human resources they will find you a foster home for you and your baby that's what they did for my friend when they kicked her out and that not a good thing for your baby its breathing all og that please find a safe place I'm worried about you and your baby.

    Answer by krystal2010 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.