Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

too precious for this

My daughters biological father has nothing to do with her and hasn't since she was born... he comes around ob blue moon occassions and even then isn't interested in her.. my husband has been there for her since right around her 1st bday and she will soon be 3.. she started calling my husband daddy A LONG time ago and today her bio father heard her and tried to make her feel bad about it and tried to tell me it was wrong to tell her to do that to make him mad.. I didn't tell her too and at no point should he make her feel like she done anything wrong bc she barely knows him and didn't have a clue who he was a few weeks ago until he started coming back for visitations ( which he doesn't even really sopend time with her but texts the whole time and lays there ignoring her) she is too precious to be going through this.. but he insists on makin her feel bad and sayin stuff in front of her. How can I make sure she wont see it.


Asked by Ross2010 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

Level 17 (4,420 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • The dad is the one who is there for you no matter what, not when it fits for them. I know she is three its hard to tell her how to feel and not to feel bad. You need to talk to your EX and let him know thats compeltely inappropriate for him to make her feel that way. If she wants to call him daddy she can. He is her dad maybe not BIO but he is the one that is there for her everyday.

    Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • get full custody

    Answer by miritrose at 12:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • i kinda went through the same thing, chances r bio daddy will go away again soon,meanwhile do the visits like your court ordered to. she spends more time with you two and thats whats gonna "stick"! She's too young to get it now but latter she will see him for what he is. Bio dad is jellous but isn't willing to b a true dad, like I said he will probably go away.

    Answer by anichols1 at 6:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • File for full custody. Your child calls who she wants "daddy" and there's nothing her biological father can do about it. Maybe if he were around more, she'd be calling HIM by that name.

    Answer by _Tam_ at 9:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • I have sole custody but have to allow his supervised visits and they say its EXTREMELY hard if not rare to get rights completely stripped.

    Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

  • I agree with everyone else

    Answer by LiLJeni at 1:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

Next question in Relationships
Do I get ANYTHING that I want?!

Next question overall (Pregnancy)