Has anyone else just started lactating again after weaning?

Has any one else had it stop and then just restart. I mean literally restart I stopped and then it come back as colostrom then milk no stimulation at all? I just had a baby about three months ago so I guess they might be related to just to much prolactin or if I'm pregnant again. So any help with this would be nice cause I'm at a loss for what on earth this is.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have never had that happen (but don't wean early either) but would take it as a good sign to give your baby that milk. Good for you and way to go!
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 1:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't really want to start again, he's doing the best he ever has on the formula,no screaming after feedings,no vomiting,no mucosy diarrhea. I took my diet down to BRA (bananas,rice,applesauce), he couldn't handle the toast part of BRAT. So I really don't think going back to nursing would be good for us.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That isn't mucousy runs. That is what their poop is supposed to look like. Your milk is a natural laxative. It is that way so it is gentle on your baby's bowels. It is very bad for their developing bodies to have formula poop. The laxative action of your milk is developing the muscles for peristalsis movement that will benefit baby's health for the rest of his or her life. The longer a baby is breastfed, the less likely he/she is to develop Crohn's, Celiac, IBS, and a host of other bowel diseases and disorders. In short, it is really good for your baby to have that yellow, mucousy poop.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It was black, mucosy, and more then 14 times a day. I can put him to sleep on his back insted of his side because he doesn't wake up 3 times a night choking on his own vomit and his face isn't covered in a rash anymore.After we put him on the formula my son actually let me cuddle with him and I saw him smile cause he's not in pain, honestly the formula is working great for us. It's not just regular formula we finally found something he can tolerate and will eat,he has a severe protein allergy,he was born with it.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010