I will be having a new great nephew next month. adult content

I have a niece who is do to deliver there first child in less then a month. They have been TTC for quite a long time. I guess if the baby is born now, a month early, it still should survive.

I asked her if she was registered anyplace or if there was something in particular she would like. She let me know pretty quick anything I would send her would promptly put in the garbage. So I am not going to bother.

Why do families have to be like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• wow i really can't believe she said tht to you! thts just crazy talk! heck i knit so every baby tht comes my way gets one nice warm baby blanket or in the case of my little brothers baby since thy already have baby blankets i am making my blanket a bit bigger for the new arrival
    superrockinmom

Answer by superrockinmom at 5:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well that's really sad. i'd send her a completely empty gift card. she'd probably try to spend it (because who turns down money) and then she'll be even more pissed off when she goes the check out and finds no money on it...but i'm a jerk like that :)

if you dont know why she is acting like this, i'd just say that i am sorry she feels that way, and you dont understand why. if you do know why and its something petty on her end do the empty gift card thing :) if it's something you know you did and can maybe understand why she is hurt, send her something anyways and and apologize.

i am super curious about the rest of your story now! tell us if you DO know why families are like this
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 1:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• "I guess if the baby is born now, a month early, it still should survive."

^^That sentence struck me as very strange. What an odd thing to say about a question that has nothing to do with preemies.^^

But to answer your question, my first guess by reading all of what you said would be that you have said things like this before and it has terribly offended her. So basically, she just doesn't like you and wants nothing to do with you. She very well may be wondering the same thing you are about why families have to be like this.

That's just the first impression I got.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• idk, she doesnt sound nice at all
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i am seriously curious...give us more details
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 2:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think there are several reason she is upset with me. First, I could not attend her wedding. Hurricane Katrina had just blown through and I could not fly, drive or get a bus. She had already paid for my meal at the reception and was mad that that money was wasted. I purchased her gift from the BX, not Tiffany's, as she had a Tiffany styled wedding. She got the same Waterford goblets, but not in a blue box. I threw off her wedding decor! Later I stepped in shit when I purchased the nursery furniture for another niece who could not afford it. The preggo in question is a millionaire and has no need for my help. But, she was pissed off, just because. The third, and probably the biggest thing that yanked her chain is that my dd was a victim of rape and we gave the child up for adoption. The only reason I mentioned the final trimester of pg, is this woman has had many miscarriages.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010