why does everyone love gruesome crime shows

I hate law and order and csi and all those shows , they give me nightmares . am i the only person that hates them. isnt there enough yukky things in this world

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 1:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think there is, but I also do like CSI and Law and Order. I mean yea the world is gruesome enough, but some people also like their fiction. While some of the stuff they come up with has something to do with something that actually happened, most of the stuff is fiction and I think some people like to escape reality every once in a while with a who-dunnit type show.
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Some are interesting, but I hate how every episode they have to show a dead body on the table. I close my eyes. Ick!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree with mama408 I love suspense
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My dd who is 18, she and I have this thing,,,if its law and order,,its gotta be rape, molestation, or murder. Son and I will walk through a room where she is watching and ask her,,what is it this episode? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Yeah, I'd like to know too. I was flipping the channel the other day and one of those shows was on and the guy had a maggot on his pants leg. I turned the channel immediately. Why would I want to watch that?!! I'll stick with Food Network and HGTV!
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 1:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm a cop's daughter and am in the medical field. I see the people more as victims and patients who need help. I do like some of the suspenseful stories, too.
    It's hard for me not to have compassion, yet I have a pretty cast iron gut at some of the gruesomeness.
    Sometimes I think it would have been nice not to know what certain things look like, but the people who do these jobs are amazing.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 1:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I like a variety of shows including that one. lol :) In reality if no one wanted to deal with those sort of things where would we be when it came to investigations etc. Everyone likes something different...variety makes things better lol :)
    LasciviousVamp

Answer by LasciviousVamp at 10:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I used to watch them but not too much anymore. The really annoying shows are the dozens and dozens of so called reality shows. I cannot stand those ridiculous things.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010