If I wanted to get some info on someone, how would I go about it?

someone told me some disturbing news about someone I love dearly but how would I know for sure? :(
can I speak to someone like in the police station? I know someone who works at a PS but don't want to get rejected it would be so embarrassing :/

ex: If they were in jail but never told anyone

thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• you can pay for a background search, especially if you where they were allegedly in jail. Unless it has been recent the police won't be able to help you, yes they can do background checks but they won't do so for citizens.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My first step would be to see if the county that this person lives in has a website for their County Clerk's office. If so, do a little digging there. Many times it's real easy to just do a search of a person's name and come up with previous convictions.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• just ask the person since you love them dearly
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You have to pay at least $30.00 on line for a background check-I was just trying it :((( You may be able to go directly to the courthouse for free, if the crime was in your district.
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:38 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well for instance florida has http://www.dc.state.fl.us/AppCommon/ the FL department of corrections that you can search. Many states have similar websites. If they don't almost EVERY county and state has some form of the clerk of courts online.

frustrated

It's a bit tedious to find the info for yourself but worthwhile, and don't just believe what this person has told you about someone else... if you can't find anything to prove what they said it maybe because there was nothing to find. 

Goodluck!

good luck

moonlights_rain

Answer by moonlights_rain at 10:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Go to your local police station/ sheriff's office and ask for arrest records of that person. They are public record.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't know. I always ask my uncle. He's the undersherrif in my county. He never tells me anything that isn't public, but he's who I ask.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If they were in jail they were probably charged with something and unless they were a minor or a minor was involved you can get the court records. You'd just need to go ask for them.
    furbabymum

Answer by furbabymum at 5:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You can go the extremely creepy and underhanded route and pay one of those online services to snoop into this person's life. Or you could just face the situation like an adult and ask them about whatever you want to know.
    Anonymous

• Ask the person and hopefully they care enuf about you to tell you the real truth. If not,most states and cities have their own Judiciary Case Search files online that are PUBLIC records to all. What state are you in?
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 8:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010