I need any mommies who have been through this!!! please

I am a first time military wife and mommy... I am 21 years old and my DH is in the navy..... I am 2 months pregnant and we found out that he will be deployed in either mid feb. or march.... and might not be here when the baby is born... I am all by myself scared out of my mind my family lives in oregon and might not get the time off to be there with me.... I was wondering how did you deal with it? I know that its far away but i am really scared i will be doing this all by myself and wont know when to go in or anything like that. Please help.... :(

Navymommy1

Asked by Navymommy1 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can start planning ahead to have great maternity care, look for midwives. You can be better supported through the pregnancy there.
    Also start looking into Operation Special Delivery for a doula or just a non OSD doula. Her help will be wonderful for you through the pregnancy, especially in the end. She can come to you at ANY time and be there with you through the process, through postpartum.

You don't have to be alone-- but one day at a time.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry you have to go through that. Have you asked any of your family if they would come and help you while you DH is away?
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• is there anyone in your family who can come be with you during the last month or so of your pregnancy? maybe just having your mom or someone there with you during that time may help put you a little more at ease. sorry you have to go through this, hang in there and be strong!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I know military wives in your situation who opted to go back home to be with family because they knew they'd need the help. Even with ahusband and my mom around for my son's birth, I still felt overwhelmed. You really need people around you to help out!! Good luck mama.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well do you have any bf or nayone I would say ask them to be with you at that time you'll need them
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You could return home, a family member could come and stay with you or you could stick it out there are support systems on post as well as others who have the experience of doing this very same thing your doing right now. I was a military wife for six years and you can do it, there are ways. Don't let your fear overwhelm you it doesn't help any.

Look into what they have on the particular post your on, your husbands command won't allow you to be abandoned without anything or any back up plan.

You'll be okay.
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 1:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Thank you ladies for your help i am hoping my sister will be able to come my other sisters have school so they wont be able to come until they are out i am hoping everything works out and my DH will be here just in time that would make me feel great..... You ladies have been awesome and i will really look into that support and see what they can do to help...
    Navymommy1

Comment by Navymommy1 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2010