How did you find the church you go to?

I'm not Christian but that's all that's available here. I'm going to attend for my children and at least give them the opportunity to make their own choice. I grew up Luthern so I suppose we will go to a luthern church but I'm not sure how to go about this. I no longer live in my hometown and I don't know very many people here. Can I just go and attend one Sunday? Do I have to sign up? How do I find the right fit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have been all over the place to many churches and they are all different with regards to the foundation of the Trinity and so forth but I have found that my true place is at home, in the quiet of my own bedroom where I can develop a personal relationship with the world
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I dont go to that church anymore, but when i was in high school i got busted for shoplifting and had to do community service, so i went to a church in the neghborhood to see if i could do it there and after i was done i ended up going there for years until i moved across town
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm a bit of a church hopper and every church that I have ever been to I just call to find out their times and show up. People do it all the time.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I walked in a lot of churches in the past few years and this one just made me feel right at home so I stayed!
    ChristianLady10

Answer by ChristianLady10 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My SIL invited us to church, and we've gone there ever since. You can go to any church you want. Most have worship times printed on their sign. Or call, or check their website. If you want to go a particular faith, find there website and I imagine there will be a spot to pull up local churches in your area. I hope you find one you really like!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It's the only one where we live, lol. You can just go, you don't have to call or sign up

Plum419

Answer by Plum419 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I found mine through a friend I reconnected with after 8 years! I love my new home , my church family! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't go to church, well except for Saturday. The local Catholic church had a booth set up from the hospital looking for bone marrow donors so I went in and had my cheeks swabbed and registered as a donor. I've been wanting to regiser for awhile but never found the time.... I read about the call for donors in the local paper and went ahead over on my way back from running errands since the church is just up the road from me.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2010