My baby has her father's hair line!! Help!

I was SOOO shocked and excited when my daughter was born a month ago with a head of hair. It wasn't a ton, but it was a lot more than her older daughter had. (she didn't grow hair until she was 1). About a week ago when I was giving her a bath I noticed that her scalp had some peeling skin, so I very gently, with the wet washcloth, rubbed the area in an atempt to get the peeling skin to come loose. Well, the peeling skin came off, but so did her hair. She now has a very deep receding hairline. I haven't washed her hair since then, but she continues to lose her hair, but only on top which looks quite strange. My question is, when will the hair grow back? Will she continue to loose all of her hair? Has this happened to anyone elses child?

sandrizzle

Asked by sandrizzle at 2:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It should grow back. Same happened with my LO. She was born with hair. Then about 2-3 weeks later, it started to fall out around the hairline. My husband joked and called her an old man. After several weeks, a new crop of fuzz started to grow in. It takes forever, but now at 6 months that fuzz is about 1/4 inch long and finally covering her head a little.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 3:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Baldness genetically comes from your moms side, so you should talk to her doctor. he might reffer you to a dermatologist
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• She may just be losing her newborn hair. I wouldn't worry just yet!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2010