Baby on the way!

I'm giving birth to my first child on October 14th (or sooner), what should I expect?

jennyswann

Asked by jennyswann at 2:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is different with all pregnancies...my advice get an epidural, had one with both my kids, best choice i ever made!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• good luck, and congrats!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• do expect that babies are hardly ever born on their due date, it is just a guesstamit! both of mine were early. #1 was 5 days early, #2 was 9 days early; although i was induced the second time around.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• sign up for what to expect when expecting emails. it will email you what to expect during each week of your preg. or get their book. congrats!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• opps i misunderstood the question. lol. try and stay home as long as you can. it really helps being in ur own comfy environment. unless doc says otherwise. also try and avoid the epidural for as long as you can so it doesn't slow labor. i got one with both of mine towards the end and my labors were pretty short!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well I agree with the person above stay at home as long as you can and yes get an epidural it does wonderful things you won't even feel anything and good luck
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• thanks guys baby came early and is doing great!
    jennyswann

Comment by jennyswann (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010