cereal!?

I would like to start my son on cereal at 4 months because he has bad GERDS and I think it will help keep it down..the only thing is Im worried he will spit up cereal and milk and choke on it like he does his spit up:/ so any one else have a spitter and doing cereal?? do they choke on it?

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 2:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can make the cereal as runny as you need to i start my dd @ 4 months
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Is your baby on meds for reflux? If not, they often help a TON. If you're dead set on starting cereal, just fool around with the consistancy until you find what works for you guys. Always feed solids from a spoon, not a bottle.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• no hes not on meds because didnt feel like he should take them..not a medicine kinda family unless we really need it. the gi specialist did recomend pumping a bottle and adding cereal but I didnt want to do that either for obvious reasons..I will try the cereal very thin..thanks!
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2010