Do you think it's wrong to have a live in boyfriend when you have kids that belong to an ex husband who is involved in their lives?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 3:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It's difficult to answer that. It depends on your situation. Are you and the boyfriend serious about your relationship? Does he treat them well? It works if you and the new boyfriend approach the situation right. If you're able to provide them with a stable, loving home. It is also important for them to know their biological father. If you, your BF and your X can come to an agreement that you are going to work together to make it as easy as possible for the children, it might work. I'm opposed to having different guys in and out of your home.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 3:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It is fine to have A live in boyfriend. If it isn't a serious relationship then its probably not best for your family. You need to talk with the kids and everyone about the situation though so there is no confusion.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 3:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• As long as you don't have several live in boyfriends you should be alright. Since my divorce I've only been with one man and we are getting married and have lived together for 3 years. He is all my son has known other than my ex-husband and he says he wouldn't want anyone else as a step-dad. My mom had many boyfriends coming around when she divorced my Dad and it was really hard to start liking a new boyfriend/attached and then they'd break up. I just stopped liking any boyfriend she got and it's caused problems among other things.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• How long have you been together? Do the kids like him? Do the kids know that he's not their father?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• almost 9 months but it will probably about one year before we can move in together and my daughter is only a year old but LOVES him and he really loves her and she sees her dad about every other week so she knows her dad also.
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Its totally fine...are you supposed to not find anyone else?? lol...you say you guys will be together for a year befoe he moves in, to me thats a perfect about of time to get to know somone...just make sure you DD knows the difference between mommies boyfreind and her daddy and all will be well... good luck..
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2010