How can I get this Pomeranian to quit yapping at EVERYTHING?!

My sister who is stationed in Japan has a dog at my parents house. Its a pomeranian and it just yaps at everything constantly. she does whatever she wants all the time and i can't stand it. She has gotten better since I moved back in as far as with her behavior because I don't put up with it, but any suggestions on the barking?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 3:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pets

• I gave you a bump cuz I would like to know that myself! my folks have one and that is all he does..dad says its cuz he is a good watch dog..I say its because he wants everyone to know he is still in the room , so we are to shut up and listen to him!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Try getting a muzzle for it , I used on mine and she stopped .
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• try one of those bark off things! they release a high pitched sound that only dogs can hear and it makes them stop barking!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 4:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Citronella collars work really well stop teach them not to bark so much
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Any small dog is going to yap a lot.. it's what they do. You can try teaching her to speak.. that why she barks when you tell her to, and not so much when you don't want her to. I don't agree with muzzles (would you want something making it so you can't open your mouth?) or shock collars. Citronella collars are ok.. but not a huge fan. Training is always a best bet. But remember, she's a talkative dog.. it's in her nature to do it.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have a pom and my mom got this collar im not sure what its called but she puts it on and everytime she barks it gives off a smell, it kind of smells like those candles that you light to keep the bugs away, it doesnt hurt her it just stinks i guess, and she hasnt barked since.
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2010