bed wetter??

my son is 4 and he has been potty trained since he turned 2..never has daytime accidents but he is always peeing the bed at night..he goes potty right before bed we cut off drinks an hour before bed Ive tried those boxer goodnites but he hates them..dont know what else to do!?!

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 3:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is 3 1/2 and does the same... I think it's pretty normal at this age do they wake up at night at all? We tell our son if he wakes and has to go potty then get up and go on the potty... he is slllooowwwlllyyy starting to but not really... GL
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I've always heard boys bladder's don't fully develop until around 7. My son peed the bed until he was 8. We tried all kinds of things, but nothing really seemed to help. My daughter has never wet the bed, and she was in undies at 3yrs old.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Completely normal. It varies widely when children will be dry at night. My sons were 8 or so. My granddaughter was 7. My brothers and I were a little older.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• when you wake up @ nite or before you go to bed put him on the potty, he should go back to sleep
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• :) I had this problem with 2 of my kids. It's normal. Don't make a big deal about it because he/she will develop insecurities. Try the pull ups (they're more comfortable) or get a plastic cover for the mattress and prepare to be changing sheets. They will grow out of it. When your child hits 10 with problems, then a doctor should be seen. And shockingly, it's just as common in girls as boys.
    FinaOrlando

Answer by FinaOrlando at 9:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Some kids are just bed wetters.  My older son just turned 9 and still wets the bed occasionally and my middle daughter is about to turn 8 (next month) and wets the bed every night.  They both still wear pull-ups to bed because I don't have a washer to do laundry every day.

Just buy him some regular pull-ups and let it go.  They will hopefully grow out of it.  My son can go weeks without wetting.  He mostly only wets the bed now when he stays up really late and goes to bed exhausted.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son is almost 4 years old. We do not have day time accidents but its the night times we are working on. For the most part he has peed in the bed. But when he does have a dry night we reward him!
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• This is phisiological and his body will do it when it is ready, you have no controll over this one. Put him in a pull up over night and it will happen in its own time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2010