Who thinks naming their child Dagon is religiously and morally wrong????

There is a woman on here who named her son Dagon! Does she realize that this is just sick and twisted and morally wrong? Horrible horrible mother!

ChristianLady10

Asked by ChristianLady10 at 3:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• mmm I dont understandt the connotation of the name Dagon
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Dagon is the name of a demon lord in the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game, and also the use of the name for demons in movies and metal bands...it has an evil connotation to it...
    ChristianLady10

Comment by ChristianLady10 (original poster) at 3:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I certainly wouldn't name my child that, but it doesn't mean she's a horrible mother.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Dagon was a god of the Canaanites. What about naming children and planets and vehicles after Greek/Roman gods/goddesses, is that ok or very wrong? What about naming children Christian, Jesus, or Joshua, is that ok or very wrong? This can go on and on and on and the conclusion will be that she has a right to name her child whatever she wants. Do I like the name or would I use it? No, but I'm not her.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't see the issue with it at all. That's like saying all the women who name their son "Damien" are horrible parents because of the Omen movies (I think it was the Omen movies, anyway). Or that people who name their child "Tom" are bad because of Volemort from Harry Potter. We could all probably come up with thousands of names that were used for villains if we wanted to. I personally don't think that any word or name is "bad," it's the intention that makes it "bad."
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Uh....it's her child and it's not a bad name at all.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think it will cause so many issues for that child and she probably didn't think about her son when she named him that! It is SICK! If I could I would report her to child social services for such a horrible mean name! It is an issue Mrs. Bat for religious and moral reasons for that child it is an issue!!!! It is bad! pnwmom
    ChristianLady10

Comment by ChristianLady10 (original poster) at 4:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• LOL really? Do you really think that CHS would give you the time of day over YOUR opinion on the name of a child
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:10 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I said if I could I know I can't but if I could YES they would!
    ChristianLady10

Comment by ChristianLady10 (original poster) at 4:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well that is your opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. She may not think it is so horrible. It's not your kid so why be so worried about it? I honestly had no clue what the name meant and I don't think a lot of people would....

What's horrible is like when that couple named their kid adolf hitler or something along the lines of that... does anybody remember when that hit the news b/c walmart had refused to make the litle boys birthday cake??
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2010