breaking up

How do I do this? We are not married but lived together for 7 years and have 3 kids. We did break up in May but got back tother in June with the agreement we would do therapy. We never have started because he says we don't have time. Well tonight I was on his phone and has been messaging a girl. She is in another the state but the conversations are not appropiate. So I wole him up and asked who she is..just a friend he replies so I told him I plan to look for an apt in Jan and he rolls over and says whatever. My concern is custody of my kids. I work Ft but don't make as much as him...I just am at a lost how to start all this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• If you have the money, get a lawyer..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• for rights over the kids, that is...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Look for a legal aid lawyer if you need a lawyer.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 4:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You pack you and the children up and get a place of your own and you and you him sit down and set these 2-3 days the kids are with you and the rest of the days they are with me. You go into court with things already set then the judge will just sign off on it. You just want to make sure you have the kids more nights and days then him cause he has to pay you child support you shouldn't have to pay him. If you want to PM me and we can chat some more on this I would be happy to help you with the info i have.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Google your state and the words "bar association". Search the site for pro bono (free) legal help. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• See if you can get a free legal consultation to explore your options. They'll be able to tell you everything you need to know to proceed further.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010