my daughters foot goes inwards when she walks

hi all my toddler is 16 months and ive noticed her left foot goes in when she walks and her leg clicks when i lift it it will sometimes give way but she walks fine does any know what it is

leechkylie

Asked by leechkylie at 4:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well my kids' legs and ankles click too. Wierd. Lol But having not seen the foot ,I say DR. They will prolly say take her shoe shopping where they have supportive and corrective shoes. But I say Dr. As it may not be foot, if her leg is giving out , could be ankle or bone growth, Is she tall , short, bones seem to be growing ok?
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree - check with your pediatrician. At least once it's brought to the doctor's attention, you will feel better about it. If it continues or gets worse, make sure the doctor knows that too. Good luck !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 5:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• DD is 2 and has the exact same thing, minus the clicking. The dr said its totally normal and will eventually correct itself. Its because she was cramped up inside the womb. She said lots of parents bring their kids in fearing the dr will have to do surgery but that its not necessary. I noticed it actually the day she was born that her foot curved inwards. It has gotten better with age. Almost completely gone. She fell a lot when she began walking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• well thanks for all the advice i have been to my gp and they sent me to the hospital to have an xray on the hip tht come back clear and the gp said there seems to be nothing wrong with her leg but i feel like there is so ive booked her in with a different doctor for wednesday for 2nd opinion she walks fine but does fall tht prob just becuz she clumbsy lol :) but ill feel alot betta whn i no shes ok thnx guys xx
    leechkylie

Comment by leechkylie (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• They make shoes for that, Not sure where to buy them from
    MrsOkpataku

Answer by MrsOkpataku at 11:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i had that problem when i was small. the shoes are straight instead of curved. i remember wearing them. not sure where to get them though. i don't know about the leg giving out or anything. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• talk to the pedi
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2010