Is anyone else tired of the millions of gay questions on here lately?

I know I am. It always leads to fighting and arguing and it's getting really old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I support gay rights and I am tired of the gay questions. I just skip over them pretty simple to do actually.lol
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If you are tired of them , don't participate or make your own question , like this one, about anything other Gay

You know it's funny, so far the only question about homosexuality today is this one. Seems to me if they were really sick of them they wouldn't have posted this at all, since it is literally the only one on the first page.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would certainly be happy to open up the forums and see questions about something other than questions about gays and homosexuality. it's pretty much the same thing over and over. Most of the time even though it's posed as a question claiming to want both sides its usually someone looking for people to agree with their own opinion only. Can't we all just accept that some people are for it and that some people are against it and that we all have our reasons for that position which have been hashed and rehashed numerous times. I don't think anyone is getting anywhere new in proving or disproving one side to the other. We should just accept our differing views and be respectful of each other despite which side we are on. I for one am tired of being told that because I'm against homosexuality that somehow I'm to blame for someone being murdered, tormented, psychologically damaged by someone else to whom I have no connection.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 5:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Stop teaching your children to harass gay kids to the point of suicide, and people will stop asking why you do it. Seems pretty simple to me. Otherwise, if you don't like it, don't read them. If you want questions about something else, ask them. Nobody is forcing you to read or answer anything. You are not a martyr, and don't deserve to be treated like one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No, I don't.

I have changed my stance completely since coming to cafemom about gays and gay rights. Having spent my formative years in a church/ church school that preached things like God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, etc. I was prone to spout things I thought I knew, till a few cm-ers sent me to school!

I know firmly believe that while my faith may (or may not, I'm still studying on my own without the help of angry old men) condemn the gay lifestyle, it's none of my business. The Bible should not be making laws...Freedom of religion is so important. I've also found that there is some disagreement on the translation of the verses that vilifies gays, very interesting stuff...

But any way, equal rights for all!!!!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• yesssssss! And I think they are only posted to start trouble... anybody who disagrees with it is "wrong" and gets bashed... they dish out their opinions but refuse to listen to anyothers...gets on my damn nerves!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If I get sick of the amount of questions regarding the same subject I either ignore the questions and don't bother answering them, or I post a new question having to do with another subject. It's a public forum and you can participate by either answering or posting a question. If you want to talk about something else, then post about something else instead of complaining about what you don't like about the forum. On the occasion that I can't find anything of interest to discuss here, I go to one of the many other forums in the answers section of this site. Nobody is making you stay in Politics and Current Events. It does have a tendency to be redundant on many question. You will be bombarded with political questions, then PA questions, then gay questions, etc. Feel free to post a question of your own about a subject you want to discuss.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I haven't really seen in INCREASE of the questions, there have always been quite a few questions on it post here. I think it often reflects comments that have been made in the media. I understand that when comments are made and the media is addressing those comments that it will most likely turn up here as well.
    What bothers me is the fact we are supposed to be caring mothers and I see so many women being nasty and cruel to others about some topics that are posted here.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• No, it is a CURRENT EVENT...

If you are tired of them , don't participate or make your own question , like this one, about anything other Gay

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Stop teaching your children to harass gay kids to the point of suicide, and people will stop asking why you do it. Seems pretty simple to me.

***
    I don't recall ANY CafeMom members responding to these posts saying that they actually tell their children to bully those who are different from them--for ANY reason! HOWEVER, I do believe one's religion or culture dictates shame and embarrassment--you know, like the Muslim religion being anti gay!?

In which case, it's the religious leaders who need to cease preaching an anti-gay agenda, due to the problems they're causing in perpetuating the intolerance that filters down to the parents trying to find acceptance within their religious community and end up shunning their own children who commit suicide!

Bullying will continue to exist because you can't preach tolerance and expect everyone to listen, anymore than you can preach abstinence and expect teen pregnancies to cease!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2010