Do you think that men marry because they found the woman of their dreams or because they felt it was the right time for them to settle down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• i think alot of men dont even want to marry they just do it cause there spouse wants to
    Anonymous

• i only know men that are happy with the woman they found and the woman is what they always wanted
    Anonymous

• There is no way anyone could possibly answer that in an accurate way, because it is such an over-generalization. Some men fall head over heels and that's why they marry. Some men decide they want to have a wife and family and settle down, and so they find a suitable woman for the job and marry. And lots of men fall somewhere in between, or marry for different reasons altogether.

As for my husband, I think he found the woman of his dreams (me... lol...) and then when he was ready to settle down, 4 years later, he decided to go ahead and get married.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I think they marry for the same reason we do, love.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I think men marry for safety and comfort. I think they pick a woman that they feel they can build a life with. I'm sure many of them love the woman as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I can't say for other men, but my husband wanted to marry me for a long time before I took him seriously about it. I always thought he was joking the 500+ times he asked me to marry him. We've been married for over 7 years now and he stills tells me he is the luckiest man alive. So I have to say that it all depends on the man. Hopefully they are the same as us though and get married because they love a woman and really couldn't see themselves living without her.
    LizzyLynn

Answer by LizzyLynn at 9:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• A couple men I know got married because they just wanted a family and the girl they were dating wanted to be married. My ex turned 30 and started blowing up my phones begging me to come back to him, basically bribing me with talk about never having to work, all the things he would buy me. He is so rich I know he would, but I'm not getting married for money.

I do believe that some get married for love.
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 10:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• well literally speaking I was the woman of my husbands dreams. sounds weird but he had dreams of me as a young teen. He had asked GOD if he would ever find the right one. He never say my face, but he had seen his 1st son and saw the back of me and knew what my name was. When we met he wasn't even interested in me. I was interested in him. The only reason he wasn't me was due to me being 17. Well a few months later we where walking together to the park and on his way back home he heard my name like he did in his dreams. You can say it is a crock of crap if you want. But I believe it with my whole heart. I guess you would have to know us and our relationship to believe it.
    Anonymous

• Men are looking for the right woman that means a great mother for his children as he puts it the perfect woman independent,strong minded, can cook clean and of course for love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My BF really wanted a family and the girl he was with said so too. So they decided to try to have a child, got married and ended up having twins. She was crazy, well still is crazy, but she left him just after the twin's 2nd Bday. She left the kids with him and until she found out we were dating, she didn't see them all that much. She still doesn't, she might see them 4 or 5 hrs a week and she sometimes goes 2 weeks w/o seeing them. She really has not idea what she is doing, i'm not going to call her a terrible mother, but she really does not understand the whole concept. My BF gets so mad at himself when he thinks about it sometimes, but then he thinks about the kids, they are so sweet and cute. He said she was the worst GF he ever had, but she was willing to give him the family he wanted. DOH! lol He was 31 and she was 28 when they were born and they'll be 4 on Feb 4, 2009.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 7:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008