should i stay with my ex for my kids sake since we still get along?

The divorce is final and it's like we are still married. It is very confusing and I just like others opinion.

dragonbabe

Asked by dragonbabe at 8:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• move on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• For your own sanity, I think it's good to keep boundaries. It's very healthy for your kids to see you and your ex get along and be "friends". But at some point you are going to want to date again, and to prevent future situations from being wierd, it's best to make sure the ex and the kids are clear that you guys are no longer anything more than friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• not if you don't want to be there. if the only thing that's keeping you there is your kids your gonna have more trouble with him then without him. i say move on.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• The children will see the broken bond no matter what. If getting a long is what youre looking for you can find that in a roomate. If and when your children get older it may be harder.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Be thankful that you two are peaceful. My DF had the worst divorce in the history of divorces. Try to stay friends but be only friends. Remember the kids need to know that you and their dad are no longer together but that you are still friends. Let your ex know that you want to remain civil but remind him that you are no longer married.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 11:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• The divorce is final, and there's a reason you got divorced. My mom and dad divorced several times and got back together before they finally divorced for good. I think looking back now, it was harder on me watching them go back and forth instead of just saying appart from the first divorce. If it's confusing to you, whether you think they understand or not it's probably confusing to your kids as well. You need a life partner and deserve to be with someone who makes you happy. If that had been your ex you wouldn't have went thru all the trouble of getting divorced. If your gut instinct was that it wasn't working, you made the right call and don't second guess yourself now. It's great that you're focused on your kids and continue to get along for their sake, but don't totally forget your own happiness. The best thing to do for them in this situation is to make sure you're happy.
    Jess6700

Answer by Jess6700 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Never stay just for the kids, if the relationship is sour the kids will feel like it's their fault things are going wrong and get depressed. If the children are old enough sit them down and talk to them together but be sure to tell them that it is the adults that are having the problems with each other not the children. They might not agree but will do alot better than if you stayed or didn't discuss it with them.
    Kris8621

Answer by Kris8621 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It's time to move on.
    Anonymous