Do you use a crockpot?

I need cheap, easy and crock pot recipes.

queen.bee

Asked by queen.bee at 6:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• chili- brown hamburger about a pound,drain put in pot drain 2 cans of red kidney beans and add,1 can of diced cooked tomatoes,one package of dry chili mix, serve with cheese and crackers or cornbread muffins ,muffins are easy buy Jiffy mix add milk and egg mix put in cupcake paper cups and bake for abpout 10 minutes
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 4:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The best recipe book for crock-pot cooking is the FIX IT AND FORGET IT series. There are even desserts included. I bought one for myself and all three of my girls, and we all use them all the time. I think it costs about $15 but it is well worth the investment.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I use mine all the time....here is a good web site for great recipes....http://www.familycrockpotrecipes.com/

TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• One of the best things I've done in a crock pot was making "easy stroganoff." You put in one can of cream of mushroom soup, one can of cream of celery and one can of cream of onion. Add your stew meat. Season to taste. Cover & let cook on low for several hours. Once done, you have a flavorful gravy & tender meat. Then cook noodles or rice and serve the stroganoff over that.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Pork loin, one can of red or green enchilada sauce (whichever you prefer), small can of diced green chilies. Cover and cook till it falls apart. It is great for taco meat, nachos, basically anything. It's so good.

Dice onions, raw chicken breast, chopped jalapenos (if you like spice), few sprinkles of your favorite spices (i use garlic salt, white pepper, cajun spice, etc) About 1 cup water and 1 chicken boullion cube. Or a cup of chicken stock. Let simmer till it falls apart. Use this to make chicken and dumplings, add a bit of sour cream and use it as filling for enchiladas, use alone for tacos or anything else you like tender chicken with.
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 6:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 3 lbs (the big pack) of kielbasa (cut into small round slices)
    1 can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
    2 jars chili sauce
    1 cup brown sugar

Mix all and bake on high for 3 or 4 hours

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• make a meatloaf in the crock pot. It is really good!
    SuperM0mmy

Answer by SuperM0mmy at 7:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I LOVE the crock pot! It's a life saver for us Jews who observe Shabbath and it really does the work for you. You can set it up when you leave home in the morning and have a great dinner waiting for you.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• drop a pork butt and half a bottle of bbq sauce and youve got pulled pork!

drop a pork butt, rub with sea salt, and a tblspoon of liquid smoke, serve with japanese sticky rice and you have kaluha pork

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesy-Brat-Stew-for-the-Slow-Cooker/Detail.aspx - this is probably my most favorite food! its not exactly healthy but OH SO GOOD!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:28 AM on Oct. 11, 2010