What would be a good Birthday party?

My son is turning 1y.o. October 22 so in 11 days. He is smart for his age and hes already starting to walk and he talks now. He doesn't really watch t.v. so i am not sure on what character i should use for his birthday party. Any suggestions? Plus i have seen a lot of families out there that go hog wild on 1st birthdays should i be doing this too? I can swear he remembers things but I am not to sure if i really need to set a jumper up or have carnival rides or a petting zoo what would you suggest?

pumpkindreams

Asked by pumpkindreams at 6:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did my favorite character, Abby Cadabby, since my DD didn't have her own yet. We rented a pavilion at the beach and grilled out. Was fun times, but very basic. To add some "flare" I also hired a photographer.

Setting up carnival rides and a petting zoo at his age would be more about the parents than the kids. *They* recommend one kid per one year, so that'd only be one other kid his age. To be honest, I wouldn't plan on a party for longer than 1 1/2 hours, especially at this age. So I'd definitely stick to something simple.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 7:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Plan what you are comfortable with. We had family get togethers for the first few birthdays as we felt it was about family being together celebrating the little ones. When the kids had school friends then we switched to kids' parties and family visited on a separate day. I always felt the first couple of birthdays are really for the adults. He will love whatever you decide to do. Enjoy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:07 AM on Oct. 11, 2010