miscarage and concieving again

So i had a miscarage at 6 weeks ( my second pregmency) i have one son who is one. I am doing ok with the miscarage ( its been sad alot but i am taking day by day ) but i am really concerned that i wont have another baby Has anyone else been through this and still got pregnent again thanks in advance

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 8:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had 3 this year and now i am pregnant 13 weeks had them around 6 weeks as well just give time to heal .. and try not to stress
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Since you already have a child, your chances of carrying another child to term are extremely good. Google "miscarriage statistics" and you ought to be able to find lots of reassuring information. Isolated miscarriages, especially really early ones like yours, are very common and they do not usually mean there is anything wrong with you. Hang in there, hon. I'm in those same shoes with you - I miscarried my second pregnancy at 5 weeks in July. I understand your fears. But really, there is no reason at this point for you to think that you won't be able to hahve another child.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My first pregnancy ended at 7 weeks with a miscarriage. I'm now 39 weeks preg with my 3rd child!
    Dolfindancer

Answer by Dolfindancer at 8:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Oh muslimmom, I am so very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I was just thinking about you the other day too. ((HUGS)) You know I will be praying for you. You know you can email me any time. We had a miscarriage after our 2nd. We conceived 3 months later. I had bleeding with him, scared us to death but he's here and 4.5 yrs old. It ended up being VTS (vanishing twin syndrome, which is where it's twins but one "vanishes", happens in about 1 in 8 pregnancies, most people just don't know it). I had spotting with our 4th as well but everything ended up fine with her too. Just take your time. I was 6 weeks with the first and about 8 wks with the 2nd. I still think about them but I know one day I'll get to meet them :)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 9:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I miscarried two before my first son and another after my second child, it is indeed a sad thing to go through but you can successfully have another child. Please give yourself time to heal and don't stress it too much. God will provide.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My cousin miscarried at 6 weeks with her first. They waited 3 months to start trying again and their baby girl just turned one! Best wishes!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2008