CORN!

If babbies aren't suppose to have corn because they cant digest it, then how come its on the shelves in the stores and the baby food companies are selling this stuff for all stages ?? I got scolded one day for giving my son a stage 1 baby food jar of corn and was told that.

pumpkindreams

Asked by pumpkindreams at 7:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies CAN have corn, but it's true that they really can't digest it. I absolutely cannot figure out why they put it in baby food. I tried to never feed my kids corn before they were 1 simply because it was a mess in their diaper! In fact, if it was up to me, they wouldn't have it til they were potty trained! LOL
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 5:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i've never heard that they aren't suppose to eat corn.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't know I never seen a problem in it I just wouldn't feed them real born until they were potty trained lol and that isn't because of it being hard to digest, but because I didn't want to change a diaper and see that in their diaper lol ewwwww. My first started eating corn at 19 months old because that is when she was fully potty trained my youngest started eating it at 21 months old because that is when she was fully potty trained. My nephew however sttarted eating it not sure how old he was, but I know it was before he was a year he eats it at the daycare. Although he was eating hot dogs and corn dogs at the daycare before age 2 and those are choking hazerds so I was suprised to hear he was eating this stuff there even peas.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• There's corn starch in most powdered formula.. I have never heard that they are not supposed to have corn.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 10:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ive never heard they arent supposed to have corn?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010