• In the Spotlight:

Birthday Party Invitations...

Ok so What is protocal for giving out party invites for kid's b days? I've always thought it was anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks away from the party. I just think this is logical becasue some families are extremely busy and can't just drop everything and run and buy a present. And in my line of thinking, the sooner you give out the invites the easier it is for parents to mark that date on the calendar and get back to you.

But lately I've been noticing that families here are giving thier invites out only a few short days before the party. What do you all think? How far away/how close to your children bday party do you send the invites out? (by send i mean child giving them at school or whatever)

I guess I'm just annoyed with the fact that people here are just expecting blue monkies to fly out my butt and bring them a present for thier kid!

MyIslandGirls

Asked by MyIslandGirls at 8:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• 2-3 weeks is good. As you said, it gives people enough notice to keep the date free and pick up a gift, if necessary.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I usually give mine out a week to 10 days beforehand.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I think you should give out the invitations at least a week prior to the party....2 weeks is even better. If I got an invitation for my child and the party was in 2-3 days, I may not allow my child to attend.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Ok So I'm not crazy in thinking that allowing 3 days notice is Horribly rude?
    Cause that is what happend with a party my dd1 went to (see "How ethical is regifting" Q)
    The mother not only gave 3 days notice.. but when i phoned to ask her what i should get her child.. she didn't even have the decentcy to return my phone call! So in the end we got her a present that may or may not have been regifted at the next party (that my oldest also attended)

People seriously.... if you want your kid to have people come to thier party.. Give more than 3 days notice!! please!
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 10:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• For me the sooner the better. We actually gave my son's out on the last day of school last year for his party in the middle of July. We do get the ones that come home on Monday and the party is Saturday. It is hard for us to make it. I would say 2 weeks before is probably a good time to send them out.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2008