So they sacrifice it all for our country but their votes are held off?

By Jana Winter - FoxNews.com

More than one week after its extended deadline, New York still hasn’t mailed out absentee ballots to all its 320,000 military servicemen and women and overseas voters, in clear violation of the MOVE Act, FoxNews.com has learned.

According to the 2009 MOVE Act, a state must send out its military and overseas ballots 45 days prior to elections.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's just beyond the pale. I simply have a hard time believing that it's a 'logistical error' the second time. Okay, I had a hard time believing it the first time, too, but I though surely with the extension they would get their act together for our men and women serving over there.

If the margin is close enough to be swayed by those ballots, the election should not be called until those ballots have had enough time to be returned. That would be the correct thing to do.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That's pretty crappy. I would think that there would have to be an exception to the election outcome if the margin is so close that it's within the margin of error including those ballots. I would hope that it's just logistics that are preventing the mailing of the ballots, but since I don't trust any government that much, I guess I should dust off my tin foil hat. ;oP

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That's so effing disgusting it's not even funny. this should be a priority!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• All I have to say on that subject is it's a crying shame when a Country like America can't figure out how to get ballots to soldiers abroad in time for them to be counted.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I guess New York "forgot" about the mid-terms?! LOL Although not the least bit surprising, it's still a crock!! However I SUPPOSE those absentee ballots will "suddenly turn up" and be counted, if there is a race that is "too close to call!" In which case, I wonder which boxes will be counted and which ones will not?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My husband and I receive our ballots WAY in advance, but we get ours from FL, not NY.

Plum419

Answer by Plum419 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Pathetic really.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:11 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I need to read the ACT again... If they don't meet the deadline per the 2009 ACT, what are the ramifications?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The Government should hang their heads in shame.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You would think with all the modern technology available they would have figured out how to get the votes of even those on the front lines counted. There is no excuse for this...none. The military uses secure forms of communication all the time.....it is time to add voting to their capabilities.

Military voting isn't a new problem though. Every election thousands of ballots are tossed out for some reason. I remember hearing about some that were tossed because they didn't have the signature of a notary...........there was no notary at the forward base they came from.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:16 AM on Oct. 11, 2010