Does anyone have any info on warrior transtionb unit at ft campbell?

My husband got hurt in Afg and is in wtu now. We are trying to transfer back to Ft Campbell so I will have help and there is alot better docs there. We are currently in Italy. Not really getting any help herer at all !!! Any info would help

teresa253

Asked by teresa253 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• First off not exactly sure why type of info you are looking for. but in case you dont have this here you go Ft Campbell WTU
    (270) 956-0561
    Bldg #6736 Desert Storm Ave
    Ft Campbell, KY 42223

if you cant get anywhere with them, i would call
    Ft Carson WTU
    (719) 526-9799
    Bldg 1161
    5886 Barkley Ave
    Fort Carson, CO 80913
    The mission of Fort Campbell's WTB is to provide command and control for the Warriors in Transition as they support these Soldiers' primary and secondary medical care through aggressive and timely case management. This dedicated care helps shape the conditions for healing as the battalion helps promote the Soldier's timely return to the force or helps the Soldier transition to civilian life and serving the Nation as a Veteran within their community. The WTB command works in conjunction with the Soldiers' assigned primary care and case managers to provide timely, quality medical care.
    pumpkindreams

Answer by pumpkindreams at 8:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• After Soldiers' medical needs are evaluated and a care plan is established, squad leaders begin a thorough reception and help the Soldier integrate from the Rear Detachment unit. Spouses or next of kin are contacted to inform them of the Soldier's new assignment. Not only is a comprehensive individualized treatment plan identified for each Soldier but also Soldiers can be reassured that their family members are provided acute care needs as well.

WTU Soldiers are then assigned work programs at BACH, in the WTB, or even attached back to the unit that they just left. "This is a great benefit to the Soldiers and the units.
    pumpkindreams

Answer by pumpkindreams at 8:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I am sorry that I have no information for you. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your hubby and I truly appreciate what your husband has done for us.
    azhlynne

Answer by azhlynne at 8:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry I don't have any info that will help you, but my prayers are going out to you and your husband.
    MountainMomma3

Answer by MountainMomma3 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2010