Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who cleans (dusts) her washer and dryer on a weekly basis? My friend called yesterday and suggested I clean mine because she just had cleaned hers and it was bad I guess. She was shocked when I told her I did this weekly.

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 8:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wipe mine down every week or two when I'm doing a load of whites.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Note to self: Clean washer and dryer tonight whenI get home from work........
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wipe my down every week, too. They're next to the slop sink, so with everyone washing their hands there, plus general dust & the dog hair that floats everywhere, they get pretty dirty.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wipe mine down weekly too, I just take a towel that is down there needing to be washed anyway and was it down and then toss it in. I mean really it may be a little dusty but it is mostly drips of detergent etc...so why not put it to use and wipe it down?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• mine is disgusting...i keep putting it off..and putting it off. i really need to do it. who knows, maybe you are
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I clean it every month....i actually started buying dry deturgent instead of wet because the liquid always left marks and leaked...i hated it...now that i buy dry deturgent i dont have to clean the area nearly as often as i used to..
    KME3

Answer by KME3 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I generally will wipe it down when I'm doing laundry if it looks like it needs it, but I don't think I do it weekly.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wipe mine down because I can't stand the mess. But not weekly, just as needed.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do it as needed, but usually at least once/week. I have 5 kids, 3 of who help me with laundry - so I get some drips from detergent on the washer, lint left on top of the dryer, etc. so it has to be done!

Answer by missanc at 9:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I wipe mine down also when needed.Really when i do the whites.
    ROXIE4619

Answer by ROXIE4619 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 11, 2010