6 1/2 months and not crawling or rolling both ways yet.

She does the "airoplane" and can roll to one side and back. She always hated tummy time, so I couldn't have her on her tummy for long periods of time (Lord knows, I tried). She also doesn't have any teeth yet. She drools a little but not so much that she needs a bib. Is she just naturally a late bloomer. Is there anything I can do to help her development(crawling, not teething. lol)?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 9:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 6.5 mo old son. He sounds a lot like your baby. He just had his check up though and the dr said everything was fine. It'd be early if he crawled at this point, and the dr said a lot of babies don't have teeth at this point yet. She said it's weird, some babies get them at 3 mo, others at 9mo. It's just random and doesn't really mean anything. I just ask myself if he's happy, and he is, and that's all that matters!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My oldest didn't crawl til 10 months, kid you not. She was tiny and reached all of her milestones late (not saying that it's a trend if you're tiny you're late, but it was in her case). She couldn't roll over until about 6 months also. Don't worry, she's probably right on track and will be doing all of those things very soon, and then you will be struggling to catch up to her :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Some babies dont crawl until they 7 or 8 months. My sister had the same problem with her baby (he didnt like tummy time), but the doctor told her that she had to make her baby get use to being in that position. He also told her not to put her son down for tummy time right after a meal.
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Don't worry, all babies reaches stages at different ages. My first dd broke her first tooth at 5 months, was crawling at 5 months and walking by 10 months. My second dd broke her first tooth at 9 months, crawling at 7 months and walking at 11 months. My third dd broke her first tooth at 5 months, army crawled until 9 months and then finally walking at 13 months. As you can see they were all over the board as far as reaching milestones are concerned. Perfectly normal, she will get to crawling when she is ready and then you will be wishing for the days that she couldn't. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Lol. Thanx mamas. That's very reassuring
    CassyzMom

Comment by CassyzMom (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son crawled at 9 months. I was suprised he did not crawl earlier b/c at 8 months he was standing and walking around while holding on to things.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Babies reach different stages at different ages. If your baby is happy, healthy, and developing well otherwise.. no worries!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The average age for crawling is 9 months. The normal range is 5 to 18 months. 6 months is still early :) My friends daughter wasnt rolling at 7 months and her pedi said if she wasnt rolling by her 9 month appointment she was going to evaluate her for therapy. I wouldnt worry at her age though :) And teething, thats not a developmental milestone at all. It doesnt mean much. Many a kiddo hits thier first birthday with no teeth. No biggie. As long as they have 1 tooth by 18mos they are just fine! My son didnt get his firsts until the week before he was 8 months! The age range for that is 2 to 18 months. With the average being the 7th month. Dont worry mama, shell get there!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Don't worry! My son just started crawling last week at 7 1/2 months. He went from rolling over, sometimes, to no kidding crawling the next day. He just took off! The same day, he started pulling up to stand.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• she is fine. The all grow at different rates.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010