How would you react if you in-laws say that you ruined their impeccable gene pool?

I shit you not. They even think they have superior genes. I was so taken aback, I stood there gaping like a fish on dry land. lol. Here's the funny part, they used to be very wealthy but lost it all. They live in very modest conditions but still have the "nose-in-the-air" attitudes. They think they are better than everybody and will only be nice to people who are "worthy" of their niceness. WTF?!

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 9:30 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• They insulted your child. That's what matters there. Your genes only affect their gene pool through your kids. My husband most likely would have told them off and that would be our last contact with them. None of you need that in your lives.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd shake my head at them and walk away.......I'd figure that they are my husband's parents and leave it at that.....you cannot change people....but you can limit your time around them.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• id stay far away
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would remind them..they are every day people and should take a step back and realize they are no better then anyone else..I would probly be just as snooty and rude back to them..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• hmm sounds like you should be running for cover because stuffs going to hit the fan when they relize everyone is equal and no body is better than anyone else
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Wow, what does your husband say about this? If my family said something like that to my husband (not that we have impeccable genes) I'd be asking them to apologize, and reminding them that if their genes were so impeccable, they wouldn't have lost what they had!!!!!

My boys are 18, 21 & 28, and I can't even begin to imagine saying something like that to one of their girls!!!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would add that their behavior lacks class....take the high road, don't be rude in return, and show that you have more class than they do.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• HAHAHA. I would just bust out laughing. and then quickly walk away. I wouldn't want to be breathing the same air as them. Might catch some of the craziness LMAO!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd laugh in their faces. Yes I would!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Ask them 'just out of curiosity, how DID you and your impeccable genes lose your wealth?'. I know most say to take the high road, but I don't think I'd be able to.
    Then we'd stay away. I guess they have no interest in seeing their grandchild. Ever. In my mind, they don't deserve to. That baby won't deserve to hear their nasty comments which will inevitably come.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010