So I cheaped out and bought orange juice from concentrate.

and it's awful. I saved thirty cents and have a half a gallon of OJ no one will drink! any ideas on what do with the juice? I must have hoarding tendencies, I can't see throwing it out.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Could you stand it if you made fruit smoothie type shakes with it? Blend it with ice, maybe some sprite, throw some fruit in there? I bet you wouldn't really be able to tell it's concentrate that way.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• ive always thought it tasted the same. however i add more water that it says to, like half a can to a can more. i find it too tangy if i follow the directions and only put 3 cans of water. there are some recipes you can incorporate your orange juice in, like orange chicken. i dont have the recipe memorized yet :( but try looking at allrecipes.com, type in orange juice, and see what comes up :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• You can use it as a marinade for chicken. Add some soy sauce,olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs and roast it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• When we get something gross on sale (no I do not go out and buy gross stuff just because it is on sale) or something weird on not desirable from a food shelf or from someone giving up food (for example food shelf oj out of the big metal can--its bad) I always tell the kids the sooner we just get it over with the faster it will be gone, because we are not throwing it away. And I try to make smoothies out of it, or search for ideas to get rid of it on the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I hate orange juice from concentrate but you don't have to drink it you can actually find a recipe to use it in , to make desert with
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• my favorite drink is iced tea ,o.j. and sometimes plain sparkling water or plain sparkling water and o.j. with a lime squeeze.It also makes a great marinade for salmon or pork tenderloin.Add some low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce ,minced garlic ,minced onion if you wish and some brown sugar.With the pork I have sliced it into medallions before adding to the marinade and grilled or baked it whole. The fish I grill,bake and cook on the stove.My family and I love this.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• make smoothies with some yogurt and some fruit like bananas or berries.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010