Do you go to your girlfriend & talk about your relationship with your man?

I have pretty much 1 good friend & I live with her. I go to her for advice & she comes to me & we talk about our men since they are brothers lol. Anyway my man doesn't like me talking to her about things, he says he likes privacy. Because i love and respect him I pretty much cut out talking to her bout things regarding him and I. I mean i understand where he's coming from since he wants me to come to him with issues & problems, but i was just talking to her bout things and ask her opinion. I'd go to her & ask am I being too anal about this, or should I ask him bout this, etc. Do you do this? Do you think that shouldn't happen because the relationship is between you and your s.o.?

LasciviousVamp

Asked by LasciviousVamp at 9:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think most men feel this way. Men aren't usually the type to vent to their buddies, but we as females (most of us) find it soothing and feel better when we share our feelings with our friends. My hubby doesn't like when I tell my friends when we're having problems, he thinks it should be a secret and it's nobody's business. In a way, he has a good point. But I trust my friends not to put up a billboard on the issue. I don't think it's necessarily wrong for us to vent to our friends, just not agreed with by men. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I do that to a certain extent. I don't believe anybody should know my exact marriage issues so I hold back certain things anyways. My husband doesn't care unless my friend gives me bad advice. Bad advice would mean anything negative about my husband. Which I totally understand. It would tick me off greatly if he was getting advice from his friends about how horrible I was.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I think it's only a problem if you're not also discussing the problems with you and him, TO him.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have learned NOT to talk to girlfriends about men or anything personal. They usually don't keep it to themselves and blab your pesonal life all over. I do think your relationship with a boyfriend or husband shouuld be kept private. I have found that trusting "girlfriends" is a bad idea.I also have found that too often women will prefer to hang out wth the girls,gossip,go shopping,etc. and ignore the men in their lives. And guess what? That is really immature. My boyfriends, then my DH came first.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i dont ever tell anyone about anything that goes on in our relationship. You never know what she could say or twist later. Shes also dating his brother which means everything you are telling her she is telling his brother. If you have to talk to someone else about it, she should be the last on your list. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong to vent to a friend or even get advise from them but if you are never telling your man the issues that you have and you are not working them with him, then it's a problem.

I don't have this problem since my 'girlfriend' is my man. LOL! I don't keep anything from him and he always knows what's up before anyone else does.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I have a best gf she knows pretty much everything that go's on in my life and she shares alot with me too!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• As long as she is someone you can trust and will keep everything to herself, there is nothing wrong with having someone to talk to.....If he wants you to talk to him first, by all means talk to him, that is good to work things out between you.....it doesn't have to be either/or, they are 2 different kinds of relationships and we need women friends who are close...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Not really. At least, not in person. I've found amazing friends online [CafeMom] and they're all I need.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Me personally.

I do not. Any issues, questions, concerns or anything else that I have in regards to my husband are discussed directly with him and him alone. One thing I've learned over the 25 years that I've been married, is that for me, getting others involved with my relationship, isn't a good thing. Not good at all.. lol People talk, people twist things, people don't always stay objective and seperate from an issue, people like to insert themselves into situations, peoplelike to misconstrue situations,..etc.. I most definitely would not be sharing my marital issues with my BIL's wife, anything she would hear, he would hear.. lol..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2010