What are good gifts for a child who is turning 8?

My duaghter birthday is in a few weeks.

kina803

Asked by kina803 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• It just depends on what she is into. I like to get my dd books, science kits, barbie stuff, american girl stuff, mp3 player, DS,portable DVD player, dvds are a few ideas.

What do you think she will use?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I also lke buying her tickets to go to a play or something else fun, even going to paint at the pottery shop is alot of fun.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My daughter is also about to turn 8. She wants Nintendo DS games, Zhu Zhu pets, and Littlest Pet Shop stuff.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My 9 year old loves craft kits - books with supplies and how to instructions. Friendship bracelets, basic knitting, etc.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My DD wants a netbook, I saw a new one for only a $100, but her dad says she is too young for it. She only wants it to stream movies and play games.
    kina803

Comment by kina803 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• It depends on what your daughter is into.
    If you're going to get a Netbook for videos and games you have to look into one that can support videos and games. Which means a large memory, great memory card, large hard drive, etc. You can't just get just any old netbook (especially) and expect it to perform well with games and videos. Both of those take an extremely large amount of memory and video card quality to perform nicely.

I personally think an 8 year old is too young for one as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Choosing gifts based on the individual's preferences always worked for me!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:40 AM on Oct. 11, 2010