Is it unusual for a C-Section scar to still bother you almost 2 years later?

Not horribly but some days it really bugs me.

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 10:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Health

• No, mine has bothered me off and on for 18 years...rarely now, but occasionally I feel it. It's funny because just the other day I told my husband it hurt, and he shook his head and said it was because my youngest just moved out........

I would mention it to your doctor when you see him, but I doubt if it's anything serious.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• mine is still itchy sometimes and feels irritated..... well i just had another one 3 months ago but before i had the 2nd one yes my did and my 1st DS is 2 good luck
    xashxleex87

Answer by xashxleex87 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm not sure what you mean by it "bugging" you, but I had a c section 19 years ago and although it doesn't' bother me most times, in the summer time or when I've been exercising a lot it gets irritated. I also don't like clothes being too tight on that area. Just drives me crazy. I know it aggravated me some when it had only been 2 years or so since the operation. Was always getting irritated for whatever reason. Corn starch or a cut up tee shirt helped that problem out.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Any scar can, a csection is no exception
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:15 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I've had mine for about a year, and it never bothers me. However, it sounds like from the previous responses, it's not unusual.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:21 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• My son is 2 and mine still itches and is numb, it sucks :(
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If it is just little shots of pain then it is the nerve endings growing back. That happens and can hurt. :( It takes 2 years or more to finish healing.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:26 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Mine bothered me for nearly 5 years, mostly a little itching, some numbness, some irritation from certain underwear rubbing on it.
    Anonymous