Would you make a complaint ?

For the last couple of years we have had 2 mail-people... a man a few days a week and a woman a few days a week... When the man does our route he is very nice ( the kind you give a christmas present to), always on time ( my mail is always here at 10:04 when he delievers) ... but when the woman delivers it is always late ( always at different times), she is very rude, and half the time we dont even get our mail but our neighbors do.... I have a 4 pound yorkie mix who is usually ont eh porch ( tied up) in the mornings, we have had him 5 years and I have only heard him bark twice.. I understand if she doesnt like dogs, but to throw the mail onto the porch if the dog is out is wrong IMO ... But what finally did it was....... we were suppose to get a check in the mail ( we needed it to pay bills because we are running shor ton money) a week went by and we still didnt get it 0 then found out she gave it to the neighbors AGAIN !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, make a complaint.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'd complain, but a note about the dog, its procedure not to go on a porch when a dog is on it. They arent allowed to, therefore keep the dog inside during that time or be out with him
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:13 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• OMG! YES! I would complain right away!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would complain BUT, if she is afraid of the dog and you are aware of that dont leave it on the porch. I am deathly afraid of dogs and would definitely be guilty of not approaching the porch. I would probably find a spot to put them and let you know that I will be putting them there for you if the dog is on the porch.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would complain, in fact we have this issue too...Sometimes the mail is here at 11:30 am and sometimes its nearly 4 or 5!! THis past Sat. Mail didn't come till nearly 3 and the post office CLOSES at noon..WTF!!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• ah my old neighboorhood had that problem as well! i'd complain seriously.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 1:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• The problem that I am seeing here may very well be the dog. I know it's just a 4 lb yorkie, but small dogs are more vicious than big ones a lot of times. She may have been bitten by a small dog and doesn't want to chance yours. She's actually doing you a favor by leaving your mail with the neighbors because she could just take it back to the post office to try again tomorrow. The post office has rules to keep the postal workers safe that they do not have to even get out of their mail trucks if a dog is out. Also she may have a different route set up than your male carrier and that could be why her time to deliver is different. She may be picking up the slack of 2 carriers.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would complain
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• If the mail is coming late, it's probably because she is the sub for your regular mail person and has her own route to do in addition to his. If your mail is going to the neighbor's, it's because of your dog, plain and simple. Why not get a new mailbox that's at the edge of the porch and not on the house? That way you'll always get your mail and she'll always avoid the dog.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010