Vbac again?

I had a VBAC almost three years ago and still haven't fully recovered! It was the worst experience in my life!!! We are TTC and I want to know if I should at least consider a VBAC again?

willkanmom

Asked by willkanmom at 10:02 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you want to then go for it, if not then don't. The end result will be the same, a beautiful baby
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:06 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• What was so bad about it? If you're at least considering it, that tells me it was better than the c-section, and depending on what you didn't like about the VBAC, there are things that you could do differently with this birth to have a better outcome.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• WIth the VBAC I torn so bad that I had to have a reconstruction of the entire area including my rectum. The C-section was a much better experience. I spend 9 days in the hospital after the VBAC and things down there still aren't right! I know how most women feel about C-sections, and was just wondering If I was reacting to strongly or not!
    willkanmom

Comment by willkanmom (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• Well, I haven't had my VBAC yet so a) I can't say what is "worse" :) and b) this is just based on what I've read or heard from other women, but there are ways to avoid tearing-counter pressure, water births, no forced pushing, etc. Are you a member of the VBAC moms group here? They have lots of good info, and also having a midwife and/or doula present at your next birth may help-they tend to be more in tune with preventing things like that and avoiding unnecessary interventions, and less worried about you getting the baby out on a schedule or under "one size fits all" rules that may not apply to your birth.
    And for what it's worth, I don't think any woman's reaction to the birth of her child is too strong-your feelings are valid whether they are about a c-section or a VBAC. I just think it's important to be educated about our choices and it sounds like you're considering all your options...
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2010