If you've been raped and gotten pregnant that way, could/ would you have the baby?

You can't actually tell until it happens, but ... I don't know. My first reaction was "No".

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are very brave SkylaDarling.

I would say No I wouldn't and I would hope if it ever did happen that I would feel the same.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I'm 4 weeks 5 days pregnant as a result of rape. I didn't want to keep the baby at first but as I started thinking about him or her it started to help me heal. I knew I would never get an abortion but I really struggled with adoption or keeping. I had a bf at the time and he did not approve of keeping him or her. As we discussed and talked about it I realized how much this baby meant to me no matter how he or she came to be so we broke up and I'm keeping the baby. It may not be the best decision for everyone in this case but I'm starting to see that this baby is a blessing out of something hard and evil.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 10:22 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would definitely have the baby.. No matter who the other person was.. this baby is part mine! ♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i personally would keep the baby, as i am not strong enough to go through abortion. i would decide later on whether or not i would give the baby up for adoption.

but i do not look down on women who don't keep babies that are a result of rape. everyone is entitled to their own choice and that one is very difficult to make.

skyladarling, God bless you ♥
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would probably adopt. I come from a small town, and everyone knows everyone else's business. For the baby's sake I would say no, because who knows what gets said, and the last thing I would want is for the kid to be in school and find out what it was the creation was. I think that would be a hard pill to swallow for most kids.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 10:37 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I believe that all babies are a blessing from God, so I would keep the baby. But I haven't been in that situation, it is easy to say what you would do, but another story when you are there. I for sure would never have an abortion though. Skydarling, Blessings to you and that sweet baby!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 10:51 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I don't know because I have never been raped. But I think I would be inclined to have the baby anyway. I have children with a man that I now depise, and love them with all my heart because they are themselves and my children, they are not their father. I love my children because they are my children not because of the circumstances of their conception. However, I have never been raped and I don't know how I would deal with the emotional trauma and how much that would affect my feelings about it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• At this point in my life, no. I couldn't keep the baby.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I would keep the baby. I dont think the baby should have to suffer for it and be aborted. The baby would be a blessing in disguise. Than again i dont condone anyone who would have the abortion because at the end of the day it's their own decision.
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i would say no but if it came to it i dont know what i would do
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2010