period after pregnancy

how soon after you delivered did you start your period? I had my second child on August 25th which is roughly around 7 weeks ago and I still haven't started. Should I have? I'm not breastfeeding anymore...I stopped at 4 weeks post partum. I'm just nervous b/c my hubby and I had unprotected sex once and he ejaculated in me...eek..

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It was about 3 months after my daughter that I started mine. I know this isnt probably what you want to hear but there is a possibility that you could be pregnant again. Have you gone to your 6 week check-up yet?
    jakeswife05

Answer by jakeswife05 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i went and he had to leave so I ended up having to reschedule. I'm unsure because it was so hard for me to get preggo with this baby. I had 4 miscarriages before him. We tried for 2 years and I had to be on progesterone to get and stay pregnant.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I am very sorry to hear about your four miscarriages. One is one too many. My period started about 4 months after delivery, but I was breastfeeding. It depends on the woman as to when she starts or whether or not she is breastfeeding. I heard that some women start the periods within weeks, others within months, and yet others with in a year or more. As far as I know there isn't a hard deadline and every pregnancy is different. You could get pregnant right away, too. Good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 1:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• i hope not. I know we should have used protection but when we started the condom was burning me so he took it off and before he could pull out he ejaculated. grr lol. i don't see the doc until the 20th either...ick
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I got mine back at 6 weeks pp. And that was with ebf, so everyone is different. How long ago did you have unprotected sex?
    fallenangel8508

Answer by fallenangel8508 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• it was at 4 weeks postpartum so about 3 weeks ago and it was only once. We've used protection since then.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010